1. First- make sure you have installed and connected successfully to R|Trader Pro
- (Otherwise you will NOT be able to connect to Ninjatrader)
3. NinjaTrader Control Center – Click Help
4. Click License Key
5. If you do not have your own paid Ninja license key, feel free to use the SIM key that you will find in your Leelootrading.com membership area. (Log In Info?)
If your paid Ninja Key does not offer a Rithmic/Rithmic Paper Trading connection (Step 9), contact Ninja for your options*, or use our key instead. (CLICK HERE
for our exclusive discount to upgrade your paid license key)
6. Erase the current key and paste the SIM key provided by Leeloo.
(*Key's purchased prior to 2015 may not work due to old tech etc. Contact Ninja)
7. Click OK and Restart Ninja
8. From Control Center click Connections
9. Click Configure
10. The Connection Options menu will pop up and click Rithmic for Ninjatrader Brokerage
11. Click Add
12. Click My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
13. Connection Name: My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage (or type Leeloo, etc)
14. Connect on start up (leave unchecked for quicker loading of NT8)
16. Password (sent to you via Welcome email after purchase)
17. System : Choose ‘Rithmic Paper Trading (Chicago)’
18. Plug in mode: (See RTrader Connection Guide for info
) Leave unchecked if Ninja8 is the only platform you need Market Data. If you plan to have the Plug-in on RTrader Pro enabled, then check this box. If you plan to alternate between using it or not, you may want to repeat this process and create two Leeloo connection options. NOTE-
You can not disconnect from your plug in enabled connection and connect to a different connection without closing and restarting Ninja. You will get a yellow connection light (needs to be green). Restart Ninja every time you switch between the two.
19. Click Apply
20. Click OK
Each time you open your NT8 platform, you will enable your connection as follows:
- From Control Center – Click Connections
- Click My Rithmic for Ninjatrader Brokerage
3. A Green Dot will appear validating your connection. A Yellow or Red dot may indicate an issue on your end with a firewall or invalid License Key if you are using your own.
Disable Global Simulation Mode
Be sure you are selecting to trade your ‘Natural Trading’ account and not Sim101. The Sim101 is for practice only and does NOT count toward qualification. If you are trading the Sim101 account you will not see those trades register in R|Trader Pro. If Global Simulation Mode is checked, it will not let you trade any account but the Sim101 account.
1. Click Tools
2. Click on the checkmark to the left of Global Simulation Mode to remove
Net P & L
Your current updated account balance is listed under the 'Net Liquidation' header of your NT8 Control Center. Commissions have been deducted. It should, but might not match your R|Trader Pro Account Balance. The true authority of the current status of your account balance is found in your Trader Dashboard of R|Trader Pro under the 'Account Balance' heading.
Adding Commission values
are already subtracted and factored into the ‘Net Liquidation’ value. The Chart Trader feature in NT8 ONLY shows Gross Profit and does not allow a Net Profit view. The Trade Performance tool/analyzer likewise will only show profit without factoring in Leeloo commissions, however you can import our commission template into your platform and all future trades will display commission fees.
Be sure you are updating your futures instruments regularly to the current front month contract.
Ninjatrader 8 allows batch rollover across all instruments on all open workspaces. How To Video
Ninja Trader Support | Customer Service
Ninja Trader offers tech support for their platform. If you are able to login successfully and see your account in R|Trader, then issues you are having with Ninjatrader can not be resolved by Leeloo Trading.
For support, send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- NinjaTrader license key
- Version of NT8 in use
- Issue you are experiencing
- Rithmic login credentials