ATAS Platform Connection Guide
Step 1. Platform Subscription Information
You are required to have a personal license key for ATAS Order Flow Trading in order to use the platform.
License keys can be purchased via this link: ATAS Order Flow Trading Pricing
Step 2. Complete RITHMIC Market Data Agreements
Please start with Step 1 before contacting Support. Your ATAS connection will not work until you sign the CME agreements via R-Trader.
You must first download Rithmic R | TRADER in conjunction with any other platform you may use.
- Use the following link to download and install R|Trader Software: R|Trader
- Once installed, a new window will come up, enter your Rithmic User ID and password in the appropriate fields
- "Username" (USER ID - found in your welcome email)
- "Password" (found in your welcome email)
- “System” dropdown menu, select “Rithmic Paper Trading”
- “Gateway” dropdown menu, If you are in the USA then select CHICAGO, if you are in Europe then select EUROPE or FRANKFURT, and if you are in Asia you will want to select TOKYO or SINGAPORE
- When you connect, you have 2 CME GROUP Documents that you need to agree to.
- Document 1: Click "I Agree" in the first one
- Document 2: select either “Non-Professional” or “Professional” and then "Submit". Please note if you are a professional, Natural Trading will have to invoice the exchange fee difference monthly for the evaluation($405 for all four exchanges). If you are a professional user and are netted with the exchange, please let us know so we can kindly pass that on to our ISV.
- Non-Professional- All regular market data included in your evaluation
- Professional - All professional fees are at a rate PER EXCHANGE
Important Note: If your username/password do not work, try to COPY and PASTE it from your login email.
Step 3. ATAS Connection Setup
To configure the Rithmic connection to the ATAS platform, choose one of the options
1. In the main program window, select the Settings menu item; then, Connection to DataFeed.
2. Click once on the connection indicator in the main platform window.
This will open the connection window:
To add new a connection click Add.This will open a window with a list of available accounts and quotes sources:
In this window, you select the connection type Rithmic, and click Next.
1) Enter your account data (login and password) in the connection window.
2) In the Data Source field, select the required account type (Real or Demo).
3) Click Next.
* After setting up the connection appears as a separate line in the terminal window:
1. Type - source connection.
2. State. After adding a new connection, the status default Disconnected. To connect you must click Connect button.
3. Quotes Source - The option of choice quotes provider.
IMPORTANT! Only one quotes source must be connected for Russian and US market!
4. If you want the connection to happen automatically when you launch the platform, you must enable the option Connect on startup.
5. Connection Setup button.
6. Remove the connect button.
7. Disconnect button.
8. Add a new connection button.
9. Save settings button.
An important feature of Rithmic connection.
As practice shows, Rithmic connection is quite sensitive to the communication channel and the CPU load. If the CPU is heavily loaded or if there are problems with the communication channel, Rithmic connection may become unstable.
Connection issues can be of 2 types:
- Disconnection. For this situation, ATAS provides a notification.
- The potential connection loss. It is a kind of medium condition between the established and lost connection. At such moments Rithmic sends messages like: "PnL Connection - Heartbeat has been quiet for XX seconds". "Here, Trading Connection", "History Connection", etc. can stand instead of PnL Connection. These messages indicate that there was no data exchange with Rithmic connection for a certain number of seconds (PnL, trade, historical, etc.). For a trader it can mean the following:
- If there is a problem with the PnL connection: it is possible that price, volume, the direction of position in ATAS (the parameters that have been received before connection loss) can differ from Rithmic server parameters.
If there are problems with trade connection: after sending set orders to Rithmic server, their state may not be sent back to ATAS.
Thus, if there are problems with Rithmic connections mentioned above, ATAS cannot guarantee that information displayed is correct. Therefore, ATAS provides two mechanisms to protect you from such situations:
- If messages like "PnL Connection - Heartbeat has been quiet for XX seconds" are received, ATAS displays a pop-up window, which displays the text of the message.
- Thereafter if the user tries to set the order or change the position, ATAS will require confirmation of the operation, in which all Rithmic messages obtained earlier will be displayed
In this case, the user should decide whether or not to execute the order.
Similar dialog boxes are displayed, if the user trades through a composite portfolio with included Rithmic account, which received these messages earlier.