First- make sure you have installed and connected successfully to R|Trader Pro
- (Otherwise you will NOT be able to connect to ATAS)
For 1st time registration (14 days free platform connection)
- https://atas.net/ and click on REGISTRATION
- Enter required Info
- Click to confirm the agreement
- Click Continue
After clicking 'Continue,' you should immediately receive ATAS credentials sent to your email inbox.
- Click 'Personal Area' to be sent to your ATAS backoffice page.
- Click on the Download link on the green pop up message.
- Use the posted ATAS Credentials to connect to your ATAS Platform
- Click on the ATAS Platform Installer file and execute the installation
Once installed, log in to connect to the ATAS platform
CONNECTING TO RITHMIC AND PLATFORM
From the main terminal:
- Click on “Connections”
- Click on “Add”
- Click to select “Rithmic”
- Click “Next”
Next, connect your Rithmic data feed with your Rithmic User ID and PW
- Enter Rithmic User ID
- Enter Password
- Select Rithmic Paper Trading
- Click Finish
You will notice your current status is “Disconnected”
You state should now change to "Connected" in green letters. You also have the option to click Disconnect.
Next click “Chart” and a window will pop up
Select an instrument for trading, then click on “OK” and your chart will open.
You can access the Chart Trader feature by clicking the icon featured below (#1)
Be sure use the drop down menu in Chart Trader to select the correct Account if you have more than 1. (Item #2)
IMPORTANT! Only one quotes source must be connected for Russian and US market!
- If you want the connection to happen automatically when you launch the platform, you must enable the option Connect on startup.
- As practice shows, Rithmic connection is quite sensitive to the communication channel and the CPU load. If the CPU is heavily loaded or if there are problems with the communication channel, Rithmic connection may become unstable.
Connection issues can be of 2 types:
- Disconnection. For this situation, ATAS provides a notification.
- The potential connection loss. It is a kind of medium condition between the established and lost connection. At such moments Rithmic sends messages like: "PnL Connection - Heartbeat has been quiet for XX seconds". "Here, Trading Connection", "History Connection", etc. can stand instead of PnL Connection. These messages indicate that there was no data exchange with Rithmic connection for a certain number of seconds (PnL, trade, historical, etc.). For a trader it can mean the following:
- If there is a problem with the PnL connection: it is possible that price, volume, the direction of position in ATAS (the parameters that have been received before connection loss) can differ from Rithmic server parameters.
If there are problems with trade connection: after sending set orders to Rithmic server, their state may not be sent back to ATAS.
Thus, if there are problems with Rithmic connections mentioned above, ATAS cannot guarantee that information displayed is correct. Therefore, ATAS provides two mechanisms to protect you from such situations:
- If messages like "PnL Connection - Heartbeat has been quiet for XX seconds" are received, ATAS displays a pop-up window, which displays the text of the message.
- Thereafter if the user tries to set the order or change the position, ATAS will require confirmation of the operation, in which all Rithmic messages obtained earlier will be displayed
In this case, the user should decide whether or not to execute the order.
Similar dialog boxes are displayed, if the user trades through a composite portfolio with included Rithmic account, which received these messages earlier.