What is plug in mode and should I use it?
- Provides the ability to be connected to several trading platforms at the same time
- Free- avoids the $37 second session fee
- Requires RTrader Pro to be open at all times
- Requires all open platforms to be on same computer
When you purchase an Evaluation, the Rithmic log-in credentials you receive will only allow you to connect to one platform at a time. If you try to connect to two platforms simultaneously, you will get bumped off one of the two connections.
Example in Ninjatrader
1. I only trade on ONE platform (i.e. RTrader Pro, Ninjatrader, etc)
for basic Rithmic Trader connection instruction
2. I want to connect to two platforms at the same time but on two different computers.
The only way to connect and actively trade on two platforms, on two different computers at the same time is to purchase secondary login access.
This $37 monthly fee is non recurring and can be purchased in your Leeloo™ membership area. Click Here for info
3. I want to connect to more than one platform at the same time, on a single computer (Use Plug-in mode)
Rithmic created the Plug-in mode option as a way to bypass the $37 second login exchange fee.
As long as you are on the same computer, you can log into multiple platforms at the same time. They all must be Rithmic compatible platforms
that include the Plug in mode option.
(Ninjatrader, Bookmap, Jigsaw, ATAS are a few examples of the many that include this feature)
STEP 1 : In order to use Plug-in mode, you must remain connected to RTrader Pro at all times. First you must connect to RTrader Pro.
- Follow basic RTrader connection instructions
- Left click on the word ‘Market Data’ so that it turns Green (on).
- Next, Left click on the word ‘Allow Plug-ins’ so that it turns Yellow (on).
Select the Plug-in mode option when connecting to your Rithmic compatible trading platform
. Not all platforms offer it. But it is usually a box you will select as an option on the connection configuration window. For example in Ninjatrader8
, you would check this box as shown. As long as you have Plug-in mode enabled on RTrader Pro and keep RTrader open, you can connect to as many additional plug-in mode capable trading platforms as you wish at the same time- as long as they are all running on the same computer as the RTrader Pro.
Note regarding Ninjatrader8: If you plan to alternate between using plug in mode and not using it- you may want to create, label and save both connection options. But you will not be able to switch back and forth between using a plug-in mode connection to not using a plug-in mode connection without first restarting the Ninjatrader software. You will observe a yellow indicator light. Simply close and reboot Ninjatrader and click to connect again.
(Restart Ninja if switching between connection types to avoid error / yellow light)
Warning: Do NOT engage in any trading activity with money you cannot afford to lose. Day trading can be extremely risky and offers no guarantee for success. You should not fund day-trading activities with retirement savings, student loans, second mortgages, emergency funds, funds set aside for purposes such as education or home ownership, or funds required to meet your living expenses.
If you engage in day trading activities, set a budget and do not spend beyond your set budget.